Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Newbie Question about Today Outfits?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member lscogbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    713
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    From what I can tell, the holiday outfits are here for a year and the other outfits for 2-3 years.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member tatabatata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2005
    Posts
    595
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Maryellen, welcome to the AG addicts bunch!

    Usually, an outfit goes on sale before it is discontinued, unless it is limited edition or seasonal.

    So, if you want something that is in Marisol's list (for example) you gotta get moving, since she is flying off the shelves. After that, I would go for any seasonal outfits that you may like. Those tend to go on backorder and sell out soon if they are popular, or become dirt cheap and on clearance for months if they are not... as you see, this is an exact science!!! LOL!!!

    Other outfits tend to be around for a year or so before they are phased out. Again, usually following the "seasons" (last year's spring dresses get discontinued to make room for this year's spring stuff, etc)

    I hope this helps!
    Again: great to have you on board!

    Ana

  3. #3
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's probably safest to say the older the outfit, the sooner it's going to be retired.

    How long has that beachside one been around? It's been like 3 years, hasn't it? Most of the accessories (minus the furniture) seem to stick around for awhile, the shoes have all been there for a few years, and the glasses have just been updated, but are relatively the same.

    I've also been wondering about the Coconut and Licorice outfits. Coco's been around for like 2 years, I think, and the Licorice one was released this spring. I would think they'd keep them for awhile, since Coconut seems to be pretty popular (they keep releasing stuff, even though it all seems to go on sale).

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner OSusannah's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    939
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    When an outfit retires is a mystery. Last December the newly-released pink Ski Trip outfit sold out right at Christmas. It had only been out for a couple of months. Now it is the $14 special at AGP. [img]confused.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think if an AGT outfit is really popular AG will keep it available for up to three or four years. If an outfit isn't as popular as they expected it could sell out as quickly as a year or two after it being released.

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The life span of a today outfit is 2-3 years.

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The life span of a today outfit is 2-3 years.

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The life span of a today outfit is 2-3 years.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member greenehorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 26th, 2005
    Posts
    114
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I was wondering how often AG brings out new outfits for the Today girls, and then how long before they retire them? Since I just started collecting my wishlist is quite large, okay HUGE, and I'm trying to figure out how to go about getting it all. [img]wink.gif[/img] I can only get a few things each month, but don't want to wait only to find something gone. I hope that makes sense and you can help me out. Thanks! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •